Sunday, May 13, 2007

its been a funy old weeked


Its been a funny old weekend As Arkwright probably never said.

We did an absolute classic North Derbyshire / Yorkshire Route on Saturday in every kind of weather apart from snow. Flouch, Holmfirth, Holme Moss, Glossop , Snake Pass , Ladybower and Moscar moors. Only 60 miles but nearly 9000 feet of total ascent

Ill let Simon give you the run down at

http://smgcycleblog.blogspot.com/2007_05_13_archive.html#5889145524462867824


I have to admit I look half like I was doing OK in Simon's photo of me which Ive shamelessly lifted of his blog in fact I kept strruign to hang on but Im short of big miles this year.

My my legs still ache on Sunday night and the whole ride was 5 parts hell and 5 parts stunning scenery. Holme Moss is always brilliant and at least the sun stayed out up there. Ill be back up there again with less tired legs on a less wet day soon. Top marks to the friendly little Corner House café in Holmfirth.

This was the same climb 6 years ago, see I've hardy aged at all!

http://ianloasby.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/phil/

If Holme Moss was a joy in the sun the Snake Pass saw us cycling up through the clouds into a virtaul monsoon with absolutely no shelter to go and hide in. I was worried about aquaplaning straight off into the moors. Isnt odd how cadgers always drive faster and closer when its stair rodding down.

Today in equally grim weather Shef United got relegated
dramatically on the l;ast day of the season judt like they did a few years back . Feel sorry for the Blades fans and the team put in a real effort to stay up but Ive never been a real fan of Warnock and his opinions and now in the press he seems to be blaming Man united for losing to West Ham. It was good to see Leicester old boy Emile Heskey play a blinder for Wigan. looks like Steel city derbys again next season although there could be some legal messing till this is all sorted.

Finally big thanks to the ignorant driver of the blue Citroen C3 speeding through the floods in Walkley last night. You certainly saved me the effort of having a Sunday bath, why not just have the bath while walking to the curry house.

If id been a child or old and frail that tidal wave you sent up over the path would probably have knocked me off my feet. Ill return the favour one day mate.


1 comment:

Rob said...

You don't even look out of breath on that climb! Where is the red face? Impressive ride and I bet it was a slog coming up the Snake after all the climbing that preceeded it.